This one is for all the yogurt haters out there. It took me 30 years to join “Team Yogurt” and with this recipe, I’ve officially been named captain of the team (well in our house at least)! 🙋♀️ Join me!
I’ve always heard about the health benefits of yogurt, but I could never get past the smell, the taste, the texture…basically I couldn’t get past yogurt in general. So, what changed you ask? I turned yogurt into peanut butter mousse (kind of).
This is a dessert-like breakfast minus the guilt (read: peanut butter mousse is now a totally acceptable breakfast). It’s super delicious, will keep you full until lunch, and pairs perfectly with your favorite cup of coffee for the ultimate morning kickstart!
PB YOGURT BREAKFAST BOWLS
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or use a coffee/herb grinder to finely pulse almonds)
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (MUST be Greek yogurt or you'll end up with soup)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sliced strawberries
- Tiny pinch of sea salt (optional)
1. Place oats in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add almond flour, cinnamon, and peanut butter. Mix to combine. Add honey and vanilla extract. Mix well.
2. Roll granola into 1-inch balls. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for ~30 minutes until set. Leftovers can be stored in a Ziploc bag!
1. Place yogurt, peanut butter, and honey in food processor. Run food processor until yogurt becomes mousse-like. I run mine for almost a minute!
1. Divide yogurt into 2 bowls.
2. Top with sliced strawberries. If you'd like, sprinkle a tiny pinch of sea salt on top too!
3. Take as many granola bites as your heart desires (I usually use 2) and crumble on top of strawberries.
4. Brew yourself a cup of coffee and dig in!
Recipe adapted from: How Sweet Eats. All images and text © MAKKER, LLC.
ANNA'S TEST KITCHEN
Five years ago, MAKKER co-founder, Anna, began developing a family cookbook consisting of recipes she found all over the Internet. Each recipe has been perfected until it passes the “Would I serve this to guests” test and is DesJardin Family-approved. Now, Anna will be passing these treasures onto you! “Anna’s Test Kitchen” will be your go-to for tasty drinks that can be made with your single-serve brewer and delicious foods that pair perfectly with coffee!