Do you really need another recipe for avocado toast? Yes. Yes, you do.
Even if your #avotoast-game is strong, this recipe shows you how to turn the Millennial staple into a crowd-pleasing brunch. This is our go-to for brunch entertaining because it’s healthy and people loveeeeeeee themselves a DIY bar. Guests especially love to customize their own toasts and try out different combinations of toppings.
Now there is quite a bit of chopping involved, but if you play music and get people to help ya – all the merrier! And by merrier, I mean faster, so you can stuff your face with avocado toast sooner!
Serve with coffee for a delicious and oh.so.fancy brunch!
DIY AVOCADO TOAST BAR
Avocado Spread (scale as needed, we serve 1 large avocado for every 2 people)
- 1 avocado
- Garlic powder
- Himalayan salt
Possible Topping Combinations
- OUR FAVORITE: Strawberries, thinly sliced | Sliced almonds | Goat cheese | Honey
- Strawberries, thinly sliced | Balsamic glaze | Himalayan salt
- Grape tomatoes, halved | Fresh mozzarella pearls | Basil | Balsamic glaze
- Grape tomatoes, halved | Freshly cracked pepper | Himalayan salt
- Radishes, thinly sliced | Microgreens | Freshly cracked pepper | Himalayan salt | Olive oil drizzle
- Red pepper flakes | Freshly cracked pepper | Himalayan salt
Bread (our count is 3 slices per person)
- Hearty, thick-sliced whole grain bread (want it to be sturdy for all the toppings!)
1. Prep toppings: Slice radishes, grape tomatoes, and strawberries.
2. Set up “DIY station” with chosen spices, olive oil, balsamic glaze, fruits, and veggies. If using cheeses, I always opt for mozzarella pearls (no work on my end!) and serve logs of goat cheese as is.
3. Position the oven rack second from the top and turn on the broiler to low.
4. In a bowl, mash avocado to creamy, easy-to-spread consistency. Season mashed avocado to your liking with garlic powder and paprika. Add a pinch of Himalayan salt (keeping in mind, guests may sprinkle more salt on their toasts!)
5. Arrange bread evenly on a baking sheet and broil until toasted, 1 to 3 minutes. Be sure to watch the bread the entire time! It will brown extremely quickly and can easily burn if not monitored.
6. Serve immediately with coffee!
All images and text © MAKKER, LLC.
ANNA'S TEST KITCHEN
Five years ago, MAKKER co-founder, Anna, began developing a family cookbook consisting of recipes she found all over the Internet. Each recipe has been perfected until it passes the “Would I serve this to guests” test and is DesJardin Family-approved. Now, Anna will be passing these treasures onto you! “Anna’s Test Kitchen” will be your go-to for tasty drinks that can be made with your single-serve brewer and delicious foods that pair perfectly with coffee!