Am I the only one with a dedicated space in my kitchen for ingredients I’ve only used once? You know those ingredients you buy for that one recipe you thought would be amazing, but end up never making again? For this reason, I now have a collection of the most obscure ingredients that are more for show than for cooking purposes 😂 😂.
Also for this reason, I avoid recipes that call for items I know won’t be used more than once. So, when I saw this Coffee Peanut Butter Smoothie, I asked myself:
- “Do I really need to get chocolate almond milk?”
- “What will I do with the leftover milk?”
After making this smoothie, I realized the answers to those questions were:
- MAKE COFFEE PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIES EVERY MORNING UNTIL IT RUNS OUT
Today’s Test Kitchen recipe combines many of life’s glorious pleasures - a cool, icy, honey-sweetened blend of coffee, dark chocolate, banana, and peanut butter! Leave the energy drinks on the shelf – this right here is a delicious way to jumpstart your morning.
COFFEE PB SMOOTHIE
- 1 coffee pod, brewed 6 oz strong
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
1. Using high-powered blender, blend all ingredients except chia seeds until smooth.
2. Add chia seeds and blend again until combined.
Recipe source (adapted for single-server brewers): At Home Starbucks. All images and text © MAKKER, LLC.
ANNA'S TEST KITCHEN
Five years ago, MAKKER co-founder, Anna, began developing a family cookbook consisting of recipes she found all over the Internet. Each recipe has been perfected until it passes the “Would I serve this to guests” test and is DesJardin Family-approved. Now, Anna will be passing these treasures onto you! “Anna’s Test Kitchen” will be your go-to for tasty drinks that can be made with your single-serve brewer and delicious foods that pair perfectly with coffee!