The title says it all. This recipe will convert anyone into a PSL lover.
How can I be so sure? Nathan and I were never fans of pumpkin spice lattes until we found this glorious version from Little Spice Jar. Now, we’re all about that #PSLlife.
The intoxicating aroma is only a preview of what’s to come – a delectable, face-plant worthy cup of bliss.
If you’re addicted to pumpkin spice lattes, do a happy dance because you just found THE BEST RECIPE EVER. If you’re a no-go for pumpkin spice lattes, skip the dance, but still give this recipe a try. It’s that good.
A HOMEMADE PSL THAT'LL CONVERT THE HATERS
- 1 coffee pod, brewed 4 oz strong
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 small pinch black pepper
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2.25 cups whole milk
- Whipped cream (topping)
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add canned pumpkin, pumpkin spice, cinnamon powder, and black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add sugar and stir continuously until mixture darkens slightly in color and thickens.
3. While whisking the pumpkin mixture, slowly add milk and vanilla extract. Heat until warm and be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t boil over.
4. Once mixture begins to boil, turn the stove off. Using an immersion stick blender or handheld mixer, beat until frothy and completely blended.
5. Divide brewed coffee into 2 mugs (each mug will have ~6.5 tablespoons of coffee). Add frothy pumpkin milk on top.
6. Top with whipped cream and serve immediately!
Recipe source (adapted for single-server brewers): Little Spice Jar. All images and text © MAKKER, LLC.
ANNA'S TEST KITCHEN
Five years ago, MAKKER co-founder, Anna, began developing a family cookbook consisting of recipes she found all over the Internet. Each recipe has been perfected until it passes the “Would I serve this to guests” test and is DesJardin Family-approved. Now, Anna will be passing these treasures onto you! “Anna’s Test Kitchen” will be your go-to for tasty drinks that can be made with your single-serve brewer and delicious foods that pair perfectly with coffee!